Saturday, November 17, 2007

Over £500 raised for CORDA

Thank you so very much, all of you who contributed to the charity memorial collection in memory of my Mum who died on 22 August this year after a sudden illness and stroke. The fund is still open for donations, for CORDA, a heart disease and stroke charity, but I wanted to pass this on in the meantime, with grateful appreciation from me and my family.

Dear Rachel

Thank you so much for setting up the fundraising page on Just Giving in memory of your mother, Brenda McFadyen. I am so sorry to hear about her death, and would like to send you and all your family our sympathy. Her death so suddenly must have been devastating to you all

I am extremely grateful you decided to support CORDA. We are, as you know, a very small charity involved in funding what we believe is extremely important work trying to help diagnose heart disease at an early stage and so stop others die so unexpectedly. I am not sure where your mother was treated, and if it was at Royal Brompton Hospital (where we fund research in the Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit).You and your friends and family have so far raised £539.48 for us which is a marvellous result.

With my very grateful thanks and best wishes

Jennifer Jenks, Executive Director, CORDA

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter from Putney said...

Just wonderful to have you back Rachel - what a joy!

November 17, 2007 2:35 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ah - thank you! It's good to be back!

November 18, 2007 1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home